District 1 Policies
CalNorth District 1 Proof of Age Policy adopted 1/31/2017
Proof of age shall consist of: a birth certificate passport, alien registration card etc. issued by an appropriate governmental agency as indicated by US Youth Soccer Rule 204.
2. Selected District 1 Procedures
1. If a questionable birth certificate is received, the District Registrar will request from the league that the player provide an original birth certificate. While waiting for the original, the player may not be registered anywhere in Cal North. If the original is never received, the player will not be able to register. Other questionable proof of age documents that are received will be treated in a similar fashion.
2. If the District Registrar receives 2 versions of a birth certificate, which would indicate an extremely high probability of a forgery, the District Registrar will send a written request to the league that they take action against the player, recommending a minimum of a one year suspension from play. Until league action is taken, the player will not be able to register.
3. If the District Registrar or the league suspects that there are circumstances indicating the possible involvement of a coach or other team or club official in a forgery, the league will investigate the team official. The league may act to suspend the player, parents, and/or the official if a forgery occurred. If the league has investigated and found that no forgery occurred, the District Registrar will allow the player to register.
4. If a team official is involved in more than one birth certificate investigation, the District Registrar may request that the league act to suspend the team official.
5. If the league fails to investigate any questionable proof of age documents within 30 days of a request by the District Registrar, the District Commissioner will initiate an investigation of the incident.
CalNorth District 1 Annual Budget Policy adopted 6/9/2015
District 1 firmly believes in putting “kids first” in helping to administer youth soccer under its purview. In order to accomplish this goal the District 1 Board will set aside funds on an annual basis to support programs that help accomplish our goal of putting “kids first” while maintaining a successful, well-organized and productive program. The programs touch all facets of organized soccer, from recreational to elite competitive soccer. While there is no obligation to spend the approved funding and no guarantee that funding will be available, the board will seek to fund these programs and apply its resources in a manner it feels best serves the needs of the District’s youth soccer programs.
Programs that are currently approved for annual funding include:
- Coaching Education – players cannot learn and grow without proper instruction. The District deems it vital to have coaches, whether volunteer or paid, undergo USSF coaching education in order to have a proper foundation from which to work with players. Qualified instruction is paramount to proper player and team development and therefore the District 1 board will work to set aside funds to support coaching education of CalNorth registered coaches. USSF F and E courses that are hosted by District 1 leagues or clubs will be reimbursed for course, field and facility costs up to the allotted annual budget.. Coaches wishing to enhance their coaching by taking more advanced USSF coaching courses can apply for coaching stipends on a financial need basis, depending on the availability of funds.
- Referee Education – the need for proper oversight is essential to player safety and growth during games. The District deems it vital to have referees who are properly trained and therefore supports helping match officials have the best possible education for their development. Grade 8 and 9 Referee courses that are hosted by District 1 leagues will be reimbursed for course, field and facility costs up to the allotted annual budget. Course graduates will be required to referee a minimum of 5 CalNorth games following receipt of their badge.
- It is an honor to represent your team, club, District and CalNorth at regional cup play. Teams that have worked hard and succeeded during State and Presidents Cup and earn berths to USYS Regional Championship play will be awarded a $1000 team stipend to help defray player travel costs up to the allotted annual budget.
- In order to truly allow all children the opportunity to play soccer in our community the District believes in supporting a TOPSoccer program. The District has set aside funds, up to $1000 annually to help organize and conduct a TOPSoccer program. US Youth Soccer TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities, organized by youth soccer association volunteers.
- The District recognizes the financial burden placed on players who have been recognized with the potential to become Olympic and/or National team players. These elite players should not be denied the opportunity to follow their aspirations based on an inability to pay for regional and national camps. The District will set aside funds, up to $2000 annually for CalNorth player registration at regional and national camps.
- The District recognizes that certain expenditures are to be incurred as normal business practice for the Board. A discretionary fund up to $3000 annually will be set aside for materials, website, expenses and meals that D1 Board members incur over the annual budget cycle.
In addition, the District realizes that funding needs not currently approved may arrive during the fiscal year. All programs not currently approved will be handled on a best efforts basis and in accordance to goals determined by the Board. The District also realizes that funding resources can change and therefore will view all approved allocations on a best efforts basis under no obligation to fulfill.
The District 1 Board will annually review each current program and potentially new programs in order to finalize a budget for each fiscal year during the August or September board meeting. Additional financial allocations or expenditures in excess or not included in the annual budget will require board approval. The Board will also annually determine the application procedures for reimbursement of approved program expenses.
THE DISTRICT 1 BOARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. NOTHING IN THE POLICY SHOULD IMPLY THAT ANYONE IS GUARANTEED REIMBURSEMENT FOR THEIR EXPENSES OR THAT THE DISTRICT WILL FUND ANY PARTICULAR PROGRAM. ANY FORMAL COMMITMENT BY THE DISTRICT TO FUND A PROGRAM OR REIMBURSE EXPENSES WILL ONLY BE PROVIDED BY THE DISTRICT BASED UPON AN APPROVED APPLICATION.
1A. Coaching course stipend applications can be found on the District website and should be submitted to the District Coaching Coordinator for initial review. Coaches applying for a stipend must be currently coaching a District 1 CalNorth affiliated team and agree to do so for at least 1 calendar year from the time of the course completion or will be responsible for refunding the entire stipend amount back to the District.
(Coaching Application under revision)
CalNorth District 1 Background check policy adopted 8/4/2015
No coach pass will be issued in District 1 CYSA without total clearance from the California DOJ for the background check. No provisional passes will be issued.